Saturday, February 11, 2012

Difference between type 1 and 2

I have type 1 diabetes, the non-curable. Type 1 is where my pancreas does not produce insulin, where as type 2 diabetics' pancreas still works but cannot produce Enough insulin for the amount of sugar and food they eat, type 2 diabetics have to watch what they eat, I do also but not that way. I can have whatever I want, I have to count how many carbs in everything I eat. Carbs not Calories. Then take the correct amount of insulin for what ever that food is. For instance if I were to have 2 (two) kiwi's that would be 11 carbs per kiwi, so I'd multiply it by two ang get 22 then I'd divide by eight and round up. That would be three units of insulin, then I'd find my blood gluucose, say it is 153 I have to take one unit of insulin per 50 over 150 so I would add one more unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment